LORI MCALISTER (E-RYT 500, YACEP) is a celebrated international yoga educator and the creator of Sequencology, a teaching methodology for intelligent vinyasa. She has been a featured teacher at New York City’s top yoga studios, an adjunct faculty member on several teacher training staffs, and leads workshops, retreats and trainings around the globe. She has been featured in Vanity Fair, NY Yoga + Life Magazine, Style Magazine, and Bazaar Magazine. Lori currently lives on the Main Line of Philadelphia in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania with her husband, Raimon, and their children Bodhi and Ona.
Tuesdays 12:15pm Wednesdays 6:30pm Sundays 9:30am
Main Line Yoga Shala
Thursday 9:30am Friday 12:00pm
Sign up for Lori’s Newsletter
Join senior yoga teacher Lori McAlister for a unique experience of refreshing yoga and wellness in the Mediterranean.
With daily yoga and meditation, 5 beaches to explore, and the lively Catalan culture and cuisine to take in, this is the perfect way to jumpstart your summer.
- Summer Solstice yoga practice
- Daily Rise & Shine Poolside yoga, breathing + meditation
- Daily Sunset Poolside yoga + meditation
- 6 nights accomodations at hillside villa with pool overlooking seaside harbor
- Roundtrip transportation to airport
- Roundtrip transportation to Barcelona for two day trips
- 1 Barcelona day trip to view Gaudi’s work (La Sagrada Familia & Park Guell)
- 1 Barcelona day trip to view Picasso museum
- 1 hike to local Buddhist Monastery
- Opportunity to welcome summer in with Catalan celebration of San Juan
- Daily opportunities to swim in Mediterranean (on 5 different beaches)
- Daily opportunities to shop in Sitges (hundreds of boutiques)
- Daily opportunities to live like a local and practice siesta
- 2 meals provided daily
- Breakfast Buffet (after yoga)
- Private chef preparing 5 dinners
- 1 Paella lunch at Club Nautic Sitges
- 1 Pre-fixe dinner at La Nansa in Sitges
- 1 Tapas lunch in Barcelona
- Daily housekeeping
- Private Sailing at Club Nautic Sitges
- Stand Up Paddleboard lessons at Club Nautic Sitges
- Bookings for salon treatments / massage
$3250 Deluxe (private room)
$2950 Shared room
Register via Paypal @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Rooted in the Krishnamacharya lineage, this yoga teacher training program includes comprehensive asana study, intelligent sequencing, and refinement of communication skills.
There will be an in-depth focus on anatomy as it corresponds to creating safe, effective and informed class sequences. Guest teacher Julie Pogachefsky will facilitate modules that delve deep into the practice and teaching of pranayama and the Yoga Sutras.
This training is not only about imparting the wisdom, knowledge, and skills that are critical for teaching competency, but in assisting trainees to discover their own voice, presence and personal teaching style.
Included in the Agni Moksha 200 Hour Program:
- Learn Asana, Yoga Philosophy, Adjustments, and Intelligent/Informed Sequencing
- Anatomy and Physiology related to the Asana Practice
- Accessing your authentic voice as a teacher
- Designing class plans for various populations
- Teaching Meditation and Pranayama Practice
- Professional Responsibilities and Ethics as a yoga teacher
- Unlimited yoga classes at Main Line Yoga Shala (September 6, 2019 – June 7, 2020)
Sequencology is a methodology developed by Lori McAlister (E-RYT 500) for intelligent vinyasa yoga sequencing. This advanced teacher training examines the design of well-balanced yoga classes. We reverse engineer peak poses, refine their building blocks, and create challenging, safe and efficient yoga sequences. Topics include anatomy and injury prevention, diagnostics and sequencing for the private client, therapeutics and pain management, and how to incorporate authentic dharma talk. Trainees will cultivate effective tools for sequencing fully-developed vinyasa classes and specialized sessions for private clients.
Sequencology is now being offered as a private mentorship. Sessions can be completed in person in Philadelphia or via Skype for out-of-towners.
- ANNAMAYA KOSHA (PHYSICAL BODY)
- Sequencology Methodology
- Reverse Engineering of Advanced Asana
- Anatomy and Injury Prevention
- Krama Sequencing Practicum
- PRANAMAYA KOSHA (ENERGETIC BODY)
- Beyond the Physical- Chakras and the Subtle Body
- Jedi Mind Tricks – Brainwave Activity and Pranayama
- Diagnostics and Sequencing for the Private Client
- Private Client Sequencing Practicum
- MANAMAYA KOSHA (MENTAL/EMOTIONAL BODY)
- Yoga Therapeutics Sequencing
- Yin and Restorative Sequencing
- Prenatal/Postnatal Sequencing
- Pain Management and the Mind Body Connection
- Yin/Restorative/Prenatal Sequencing Practicum
- VIJNANAMAYA KOSHA (INTUITIVE BODY)
- Dharma Talk with the Vijnana Bhairava
- Final Practicum
– mentees will be required to complete 4 practicum assignments or “om” work designing sequences
– mentees will receive invaluable feedback and support in designs
– mentees will be required to attend 4 of Lori’s classes to absorb the sequencing methodology (out of town skyped sessions available)
– mentees are required to read manual
– required books:
“The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II” by Ray Long
– “Eastern Body, Western Mind” by Anodea Judith
– “Insight Yoga Book” by Sarah Powers
ONE on ONE
Beginner : perfect for your first time practicing yoga. this orientation will cover the names and alignments of basic postures and finish up with a deep relaxation.
Basics : this is a hatha yoga session. we move at a slow pace through sun salutations, standing poses, balances, core-strengthening, back bends, forward bends, hip-openers, shoulder-openers, and finish up with a deep relaxation. this practice has low-impact on the joints.
Intermediate : this is for the dedicated yogi who wishes to move into a deeper understanding of the practice. we move at a faster pace through a flow sequence of sun salutations, standing postures, balances, core strengthening, back bends, forward bends, hip-openers, shoulder-openers, and finish with a deep relaxation. this practice introduces arm balancing, inversions and deep back bending with more weight-bearing on the joints. we also cover pranayama (breathing techniques), yogic philosophy, and meditation.
Advanced : this is an athletic practice for the dedicated yogi who wishes to explore a dynamic flow of challenging asana (physical postures), with pranayama (breathing), and meditation. be prepared to sweat!
Restorative : a practice named for restoring a sense of calm to the central nervous system, this session is gentle and slow with the use of several props to support complete relaxation. aroma therapy and gentle massage are incorporated to help you feel refreshed and restored. perfect for those recovering from an injury, an illness, or for those who want a gentle practice with no impact on the joints.
Sports-geared yoga : perfect for any athlete who wants to compliment their training with a yoga practice that will increase their flexibility and center their focus.
Kids and/or family yoga : this session is created as play-time for the whole family as we explore the yoga postures with songs, games, and story-telling. create life-lasting memories of family-bonding time with smiles and laughter.
Prenatal yoga : perfect for any trimester. these sessions focus on deep squatting, pranayama (breathing techniques), kegel exercises, and deep relaxation.
Chair yoga : perfect for seniors or those recovering from an injury who need to modify their practice by use of a chair. the session will focus on lengthening the spine, lubricating the joints, increasing mobility and flexibility, balancing, and finishes with a deep relaxation. there is no weight-bearing on the joints.
GET STARTED ON YOUR JOURNEY. CONTACT LORI BELOW!
Send Lori a message