One People. One Planet. One Love.
LORI MCALISTER (E-RYT 500, YACEP) is a celebrated international yoga educator and the creator of Sequencology, a teaching methodology for intelligent vinyasa. She has been a featured teacher at New York City’s top yoga studios, an adjunct faculty member on several teacher training staffs, and leads workshops, retreats and trainings around the globe. She has been featured in Vanity Fair, NY Yoga + Life Magazine, Style Magazine, and Bazaar Magazine. Lori currently lives on the Main Line of Philadelphia in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania with her husband, Raimon, and their children Bodhi and Ona.
Sign up for Lori’s Newsletter
Sequencology is a methodology developed by Lori McAlister (E-RYT 500) for intelligent vinyasa yoga sequencing. This advanced teacher training examines the design of well-balanced yoga classes. We reverse engineer peak poses, refine their building blocks, and create challenging, safe and efficient yoga sequences. Topics include anatomy and injury prevention, diagnostics and sequencing for the private client, therapeutics and pain management, and how to incorporate authentic dharma talk. Trainees will cultivate effective tools for sequencing fully-developed vinyasa classes and specialized sessions for private clients.
- ANNAMAYA KOSHA (PHYSICAL BODY)
- Sequencology Methodology
- Reverse Engineering of Advanced Asana
- Anatomy and Injury Prevention
- Krama Sequencing Practicum
- PRANAMAYA KOSHA (ENERGETIC BODY)
- Beyond the Physical- Chakras and the Subtle Body
- Jedi Mind Tricks – Brainwave Activity and Pranayama
- Diagnostics and Sequencing for the Private Client
- Private Client Sequencing Practicum
- MANAMAYA KOSHA (MENTAL/EMOTIONAL BODY)
- Yoga Therapeutics Sequencing
- Yin and Restorative Sequencing
- Prenatal/Postnatal Sequencing
- Pain Management and the Mind Body Connection
- Yin/Restorative/Prenatal Sequencing Practicum
- VIJNANAMAYA KOSHA (INTUITIVE BODY)
- Dharma Talk with the Vijnana Bhairava
- Final Practicum
– mentees will be required to complete 4 practicum assignments or “om” work designing sequences
– mentees will receive invaluable feedback and support in designs
– mentees will be required to attend 4 of Lori’s classes to absorb the sequencing methodology (out of town skyped sessions available)
– mentees are required to read manual
– required books:
“The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II” by Ray Long
– “Eastern Body, Western Mind” by Anodea Judith
– “Insight Yoga Book” by Sarah Powers
ONE on ONE
Beginner : perfect for your first time practicing yoga. this orientation will cover the names and alignments of basic postures and finish up with a deep relaxation.
Basics : this is a hatha yoga session. we move at a slow pace through sun salutations, standing poses, balances, core-strengthening, back bends, forward bends, hip-openers, shoulder-openers, and finish up with a deep relaxation. this practice has low-impact on the joints.
Intermediate : this is for the dedicated yogi who wishes to move into a deeper understanding of the practice. we move at a faster pace through a flow sequence of sun salutations, standing postures, balances, core strengthening, back bends, forward bends, hip-openers, shoulder-openers, and finish with a deep relaxation. this practice introduces arm balancing, inversions and deep back bending with more weight-bearing on the joints. we also cover pranayama (breathing techniques), yogic philosophy, and meditation.
Advanced : this is an athletic practice for the dedicated yogi who wishes to explore a dynamic flow of challenging asana (physical postures), with pranayama (breathing), and meditation. be prepared to sweat!
Restorative : a practice named for restoring a sense of calm to the central nervous system, this session is gentle and slow with the use of several props to support complete relaxation. aroma therapy and gentle massage are incorporated to help you feel refreshed and restored. perfect for those recovering from an injury, an illness, or for those who want a gentle practice with no impact on the joints.
Sports-geared yoga : perfect for any athlete who wants to compliment their training with a yoga practice that will increase their flexibility and center their focus.
Kids and/or family yoga : this session is created as play-time for the whole family as we explore the yoga postures with songs, games, and story-telling. create life-lasting memories of family-bonding time with smiles and laughter.
Prenatal yoga : perfect for any trimester. these sessions focus on deep squatting, pranayama (breathing techniques), kegel exercises, and deep relaxation.
Chair yoga : perfect for seniors or those recovering from an injury who need to modify their practice by use of a chair. the session will focus on lengthening the spine, lubricating the joints, increasing mobility and flexibility, balancing, and finishes with a deep relaxation. there is no weight-bearing on the joints.